Grace Church, Jamestown
405 2 Avenue Northeast
Jamestown, ND 58401
Grace Church is currently in a search for a new Priest-in-Charge. See the profile here.
The first Anglican services in the Jamestown area were held at Fort Sewardon the western edge of the city in 1872. Before long, services were also being held for civilian settlers, and in 1881, Grace Church was incorporated as St. James Episcopal Church. Our lovely Gothic style church is built of native field stone from the prairie, and has been lovingly cared for over its more than 100 years of existence. Riebe Hall, our first parish hall, was built in 1890 and named in honor of Deaconess Elsie Riebe, a member of this parish and a missionary toChinain 1914. Elsworth Hall was added to the church complex in 1958. It was named in memory of the Rev. N.E. Elsworth, one of Grace Church’s beloved Rectors.
Grace Church is committed to “Spreading the Good News of Christ in Jamestown and Beyond.”