St. Michael and All Angel’s, Cartwright
St. Michael and All Angels
Rt. 1, Box 14
Cartwright, ND 58838
The Rev. Mary Johnson, Supply Priest
The church of St. Michael’s and All Angels’ was organized by William H. Powell in 1946 and services were held in the Cartwright School. However, the first recorded service was a baptism at the Millhouse Ranch on October 17, 1905. In the fall of 1949, with a grant from the United Thank Offering, the present building was constructed with volunteer labor. The church received some stained glass windows from Gethsemane Cathedral after a fire in 1988. They were dedicated at the 50th anniversary of the church building in 2000.
St. Michael’s has an active guild and a strong history of Bible School. The church is active in the community and in doing outreach. We are looking at building expansion to better accommodate our needs and to be accessible to all. This community knows how to take care of each other and their neighbors.
The congregation views itself as a rural church with conservative theological views.
Worship: 10 am Central Time each Sunday