Sts. Mary and Mark, Oakes

Sts. Mary & Mark
House Church

St. Mark’s congregation of Oakes conducted its first service on May 11, 1904.  Its church building became a reality in April 1914 due to money received through a nation-wide campaign.  St. Mary’s congregation of rural Guelph dates back to 1904 with its church building being consecrated in June 1923.  In 1989, St. Mary’s was deconsecrated and the members merged with St. Mark’s of Oakes.  The Baptismal Font and Lectern were brought to Oakes as St. Mary’s received them from the Episcopal Railway Car when it was no longer used.  In 2018, the congregation sold the building and now worship in homes.