St. Peter’s, Williston
111 East 14th Street
PO Box 1181
Williston, ND 58802
The Rev. Michael Paul, Priest-in-Charge
The first church services in this area were held at Fort Union in the late 1870s. The Fort was the hub of fur trade and the managers were Englishmen so the services were read from the Book of Common Prayer of England. From the 1870s to 1890s, there were regular Protestant Episcopal services held at Fort Bufort until the abandonment of the Fort. St. Peter’s in Williston was established by The Rt. Rev. Samuel Cook Edsal on April 27, 1900, and St. Peter’s was named after his home church in Dixon, Illinois. The present church building was dedicated on January 22, 1958.
The church is experiencing new vitality. We have experienced growth in discipleship and community which expresses itself in stronger stewardship and outreach.