Diocesan Discernment Task Force (DDTF)
Episcopal Diocese of North Dakota
THANK YOU! The Diocesan Discernment Task Force thanks you all for the amazing response to our Common Themes document and the Follow-Up Survey. We are amazed that we had over a 20% response rate and are so thankful that we heard something from every congregation.
NOTE: We have stopped the collection of survey data. The electronic survey is now closed.
In addition, the Task Force spoke with and collected data from the Commission on Ministry, the North Dakota Council on Indian Ministry, the Standing Committee and Diocesan staff. We will now enter into the analysis phase of our work and ministry. Up to this point, we have been asking you – Episcopalians in North Dakota – to answer the question: What is God up to in North Dakota? We have tried not to jump ahead to answer that question, nor to wonder what the next phase of leadership will look like. We wanted to stay open to the Holy Spirit and to your insights and ideas.
The DDTF will now enter into the discernment phase of our work. This next phase includes:
- Reading and analyzing all the information between now and our in-person (we hope) meeting in June. Additionally, we are gathering all the financial information for the diocese so that we and you will have a clear picture of where we stand financially.
- Drafting our initial report and recommendations for a meeting with the Standing Committee (July).
- Finalizing the report for review by the Diocesan Council and Standing Committee (August).
- Helping them prepare their official report and resolutions for presentation at the Diocesan Convention, as well as making sure the diocese and Convention delegates understand what is being presented.
- Finally, the Diocesan Convention (October) will consider the report and decide the best way forward.
If you have any questions or feel that the DDTF needs to “hear your voice” please be in touch with John Baird, Chair of the DDTF at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep you posted about our progress through The Sheaf.