News & Events
UNITED THANK OFFERING
A call for Grant Proposal Submissions for the 2021 United Thank Offering has been made. The Diocese of North Dakota is eligible to submit two grants for UTOs consideration. The focus of this year’s awards is “Recovering with Love and Gratitude: An Episcopal Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Local Contexts.” In other words, what can we, in our communities, do to help recover from this pandemic? What resources are necessary that a UTO Grant could help us to provide through our congregations or diocese? The deadline to submit the Grant is 5 pm (eastern) February 26. We would like to have the Bishop and the Grant’s Committee review grant proposals with a diocesan deadline of January 31. Please submit the following:
- Name of sponsoring organization (congregation, diocesan entity, etc).
- Name of the Grant Proposal
- Description of the Proposal (500 words or less). This proposal, if selected, would then be fully developed according the application provided by the United Thank Offering. The Grants Committee will make its recommendation to Bishop Ely for final approval.
- A completed draft proposal(s) would be submitted to the Grant’s Committee with a deadline of February 14. This will insure that all aspects of the proposal(s) are being provided for a successful submission to UTO.
- Please provide a statement from the sponsoring organization when completing Step 3 and Step 4.
Assistance in the preparation of a Grant is available through the Grant’s Committee.Please send the Grant Proposal to Bishop Thomas Ely:Bishop@ndepiscopal.orgWith a thankful heart,Dn. Sloane FlobergUTO Coordinator
The Episcopal Diocese of North Dakota
The Diocesan Discernment Task Force
The Final Report of the DDTF with supporting documents is available on the DDTF Page of this Website. The Report itself, that is being presented to the Diocesan Council at its August meeting is available here as well.